The National Library of Medicine currently offers two introductory toxicology resources suitable for college students and the public.
The newest resource is ToxLearn. It covers basic principles of toxicology and dose-response. It provides users of NLM’s toxicology databases with a working knowledge of basic toxicology principles. ToxLearn can be found at http://toxlearn.nlm.nih.gov/
Next is NLM’s outstanding toxicology resource for patients or the public, ToxTown. It is designed to find information on:
- everyday locations where you might find toxic chemicals
- non-technical descriptions of chemicals
- links to selected, authoritative chemical information on the Internet
- how the environment can impact human health
- Internet resources on environmental health topics
Tox Town uses color, graphics, sounds, and animation to convey connections between chemicals, the environment, and the public’s health.ToxTown Fact Sheet can be found at http://www.nlm.nih.gov/pubs/factsheets/ToxTown.html.